Friday, March 19, 2010

Transparency. And other Poems.

Transparency.
3 March 2010

My eyes smile
But in the inner place
I am learning the pain
The deep pain of submission.
The obedience that comes with sacrifice—
Or the sacrifice that comes with obedience—
Leads to this great suffering
That eventually gives birth
To joy.
I need to see a glimmer of hope
Through the fog, Lord.
I am afraid of the dark.
So I give you my emptiness
I give you my emptiness
I give you my emptiness—
Nets on the shore again,
I learn to walk on the deep water
And I will hope—
In the horizon reflected in your eyes.

Supplication.
8 March 2010

My heart is so big and so wide
The world cannot contain it.
It roves over the face of the
Broken Earth
Caressing each country,
Each city
As if it were its first love
Yet knowing
That each is a stranger
Because I am passing through.
I need you to understand this beauty.
And in understanding, join.
And we can love
With our bigger heart
And pass through together.

Come and See.
8 March 2010

The Vision is not easily shared with words.
It is shared in the going.
“Come and See,”
The Words of the Master.
Join the water-song
As we dance in the river.
If your joy is not Complete,
Submerge yourself,
Drown again in the Water of Life
And be reborn
Into Joy.

Freedom.
8 March 2010

Freedom
Is a life whose strings
Enable flight;
Not detain it,
Not entangle it.
My Life is Out
Of the four walls
Of this limiting roof.
I am out in the field where Jesus is walking—
Touching the grain with His scarred hands,
Laughing with the children swinging
From His neck.

No comments: